When you suffer a serious personal injury as the result of another person’s negligence or carelessness, you should consult a knowledgeable and experienced injury lawyer.
We represent clients in a broad variety of personal injury matters, including:
- Vehicle accidents, including car, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Medical malpractice;
- Construction accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Accidents involving injuries to young children; and
- Other accidents and injuries.
At Bostick Law, we are committed to protecting and enforcing the legal rights of individuals whose lives have been irrevocably disrupted by the negligence of someone else.
Suing for Negligence
People who have been injured due to the careless conduct of another can sue under a variety of legal theories, but perhaps the most common is negligence. In order to prevail in a negligence claim under Tennessee, the injured victim typically must prove that:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care (usually to act reasonably);
- The defendant breached that duty;
- There was proximate cause; and
- The plaintiff was damaged due to the defendant’s breach of duty.
For example, all drivers owe a duty to others on the road to exercise due care and operate their vehicles carefully. Those who drive carelessly by texting and driving or driving while drunk, for example, can be shown to have breached this duty. If this reckless conduct causes an accident and someone else is injured, the injured party may sue the driver for compensatory damages to cover amounts including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Choose the Right Attorney to Represent You
When you or someone close to you suffers a serious personal injury, it is difficult to do much more than focus on trying to recover and to cope with the emotional, physical, and psychological stress of your changed life. While that may be understandable, it is also important—if not absolutely critical—that you find out what your rights are, what options are available to you, and what steps you ought to take to make sure that your tragedy does not also cause you financial hardship or ruin.
An experienced and qualified attorney can help. When personal injuries come about as the result of someone else’s negligence, justice demands that the person responsible also accept responsibility for shouldering the financial and moral burden that accompanies such injuries, including providing compensation for medical costs, lost income, long-term care costs, pain and suffering, and other impacts on the person they have harmed. A good personal injury lawyer will assist you in making sure that these demands of justice are met.
In selecting an attorney, some important questions to ask are:
- Does my attorney have extensive experience handling cases similar to mine?
- Is my attorney intimately familiar with the statutes and cases that will apply?
- Is my attorney familiar with the rules and procedures of the court that has jurisdiction over my case?
- Will my attorney accommodate my special requirements, even if it means meeting outside of his office or at unusual hours?
- Will my attorney communicate with me personally, rather than through an intermediary?
- Will my attorney return calls promptly, answer my questions, and keep me informed?
At Bostick Law, we believe in providing our clients with the quality of help we would want if we were clients. We take time to get to know our client’s priorities. We explain to them what their options are and what they can reasonably expect, so that they can make informed decisions. We work together with our clients every step of the way to make sure that we are serving their needs and meeting their goals. Client communication is a paramount concern to us during the entire litigation.
We can compile a complete and thorough assessment of just what it will take in terms of medical care and services to help our clients fully recover, or, if that is not possible, what we can expect in terms of long-term care needs, disabilities, impairments, or other effects of their injuries.
Call Us Today For a Free Consultation